Thursday, December 16, 2010

California Pizza Kitchen in LAX: Los Angeles, California


Well, I'm on my way back to Washington. United decided the best place to connect was LAX for a flight to Portland. Unfortunately I have almost a 3 hour layover, even though my San Diego flight was delayed.

By the time we got off the plane it was 6:40 and I was ready to eat. Wandering around the terminal I found a California Pizza Kitchen (CPK). I've had good experiences at CPK in the past so I had high hopes. Their prices were ridiculously high; no surprise there. I paid $13.50 for a personal size pizza and a drink.

The quality was mildly disappointing. When I ordered "The Original BBQ Chicken" pizza I thought I was in for a treat. What I ended up with was something that was about as good as a pizza that had been microwaved. I know for a fact that they didn't microwave it because I saw them put it in the oven. I don't know if they didn't leave it in long enough or what but it didn't turn out well.

The crust was crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. This odd combination made for a pizza that basically fell apart when I tried to fold it in half. The pizza was warm but not hot. Shouldn't pizza that just comes out of the oven be hot? Overall it was a very mediocre experience. I guess thats to be expected from airport food right? Oh well, I'll be living with the best cook in the world for the next couple of months so I guess I can stomach some mediocre pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment