Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The Big Squeeze: San Diego, California


Angle Shot of the Acai Bowl and Extra Granola
Top Shot

I have a number of friends who have attended Point Loma Nazarene University in San Diego, CA. When we were visiting recently they mentioned that they were going to The Big Squeeze. They couldn't believe I'd never heard of it before. They said I HAD to go when I got a chance.


Well, the other day I finally had the chance. The Big Squeeze is located in the Pacific Beach area. From what I understood this was a local version of Jamba Juice. I found that there is a big difference in quality between the franchise shops (Jamba, Juice-It-Up, etc) and this place. We all ordered Acai bowls. For those that don't know, Acai is an extremely nutritious berry. Acai bowls are frozen berries ground up to a juice consistency. Then chunks of fresh fruit (in this case strawberries, bananas, peaches, and mangoes) are mixed in along with granola. Many people (myself included) also add honey. This treat is a great breakfast and you can feel great about eating it because it is really healthy.

I'm a big fan of Acai bowls in general. This one was particularly tasty. They keep everything nice and cold, I actually got a brain freeze from eating too fast. The fruit was all fresh and tasted really good. As for the granola, well, it was granola. Nothing too exciting other than the fact that it had almonds (I'm allergic). Luckily they were few and far between, otherwise this short trip for breakfast could have turned into a trip to the ER.





Location:
1826 Garnet Ave
(between Kendall St & Lamont St)
San Diego, CA 92109

No comments:

Post a Comment